Training Profiles are the development categories that take into consideration the student’s
- Chronological age
- Physical stage of development and its impact on the Athletic Structure
- Reaction stage of development and its impact on Crease Control qualities
- Student’s training experience in TSO and other training programs
Development Categories Include
Beginner – Intermediate – Performance
Students categorized within the Beginner Profile commonly range from 6 to 8 years of age and generally exhibit the following characteristics:
- are novice to the goalie position
- have limited playing time experience
- and/or minimal formal training experience
The skill progression for the Beginner Profile student during training will focus on exploring and discovering the basic techniques and fundamental movements in a fun environment.
NOTE: This profile may also apply to slightly older athletes depending on their playing/training experience and stage of physical development.
Students categorized within the Intermediate Profile commonly range from 9 to 13 years of age and generally exhibit the following characteristics:
- Demonstrate varied levels of physical development
- Requires development of Technical Framework elements necessary to support Functional Movement
- Require development of Athletic Structure for effective Body and Edge control
- Require improvement in the Personal Growth Habits that will fuel the improvement in their skill
Skill progression for the Intermediate Profile student will focus on scaling of drills that will gradually develop the Technical Framework elements to execute the technical skills with functional control.
NOTE: This profile may also apply to older goalies depending on their, stage of physical development, technical framework and amount of formal training experience.
Students categorized within the Performance Profile commonly range from ages of 14 years and up and generally exhibit the following characteristics:
- sound technical framework that promotes their Athletic Structure
- effective mechanics while transitioning through the technical skills
- competent level of body and edge control while transitioning through the technical skills
- understanding of the Vision and Strategy Skills of Reaction Engine
- development in their Personal Growth Habits required to fuel the improvement in their skill
Skill progression for the Performance Profile student will focus on improving the Vision and Strategy skills of the Reaction Engine and challenge the Athletic Structure qualities.
NOTE: This profile may apply to slightly younger goalies that show a healthy level of Technical Framework elements of their Athletic Structure and demonstrate the Personal Growth Habits necessary to improve.